Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Noonday Collection Hostess / Jillian



I am SO excited to introduce you to my good friend and Noonday hostess, Jillian! Jill and I met through serving at our churches children's program together at the Journey Tower Grove. I love how God uses instances like these to bring people together. I am so beyond grateful for Jill and her friendship these last few months. She is such a gatherer and makes everyone feel loved as soon as they walk in the door. As you can imagine, Jillian's trunk show was nothing shy of amazing. Her friends know how to have a good time and there was so much laughter and joy at her trunk show. 



It was great to hear about her "why" of being a Noonday hostess and why she believes her purchase makes a difference. Jill just "gets" Noonday, so much so that her roommate just signed up to be an ambassador! I love when you can see the tangible example of someone saying yes. 

Now...here's a little about Jillian. :) 


What made you go from a Noonday customer to a Noonday hostesses?
I wanted to share my experience with my friends. I knew I could talk to them about it but there is something about trying on the collection and hearing the stories of artisans that really makes an impact. 


What was your favorite part of hosting a trunk show?  
THE WHOLE THING! I loved bringing my friends together for a night of community, a night of feeling beautiful and bold trying on jewelry, a night of empowerment as these ladies used their purchasing power to impact people across the world. 



What is one piece of Noonday you think every women should own? And, your favorite piece you own and why? 
Definitely a Noonday bracelet. There are so many to pick from! You can really dress them up OR down. My FAVORITE piece is my first purchase, the Metallic Pearl Earrings. From the start I was unsure if I could rock noonday jewelry but I took a chance because I wanted to support Brooke and the company’s mission. Turns out, I LOVE THEM. They are simple. They can go with any outfit. They make me feel beautiful AND they have a story. The artisans in Ethiophia used artillery from war in the hoops. It is a beautiful reminder to me how God can take something so broken and make it new & beautiful
          Is there a Noonday country or artisan story that sticks out to you?
I really love the story behind the Rachel necklace. I love that due to Noonday, a mother and daughter can continue to thrive as a family together. Mother-daughter relationships aren’t always easy but I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have my mom.  Her birthday was on the day of my trunk show which makes it even more coincidental & special. 

Jillian is wearing the Rachel necklace in her pictures -- Rachel is the name of the daughter of our artisan partner Olivia. Before Noonday, Olivia almost had to give Rachel up for adoption but when Jalia, the leader of our artisan group in Uganda, heard about this, she hired Olivia to make paper beads for Noonday Collection. This allowed Olivia to be able to care for Rachel and Noonday provided scholarships for Rachel to attend school. Noonday believes that together we are creating a flourishing world where Children are cherished and the Rachel necklace paints that picture just perfectly. 

If you would like to host a Noonday trunk show to share these stories like Jillian did, all you have to say is "yes". You have the opportunity to change lives through fashion. Let's have a fun girls night! 

And lastly,  Jillian's favorite trunk show recipe is.....





Coconut Lavender Lemonade
Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice, from about 9 lemons
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 8 cups coconut water
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 recipe Lavender Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
Directions:
  1. Place lemon juice, sugar, coconut water, and water into a pitcher and shake or stir vigorously until all the sugar is dissolved. I prefer to shake because it aerates the lemonade and makes a nice head on top.
  2. Pour 1/2 of the lavender syrup into the pitcher and stir. You can add more or less lavender syrup to your personal taste. I personally find that 1/2 of the lavender syrup recipe is a good balance.
Lavender Simple Syrup Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3 tablespoons dried lavender
  • a few drops of violet food coloring (optional)
Directions:
  1. Combine the sugar, water, and lavender in a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan.
  2. Bring to a boil on high heat, and boil for 1 minute.
  3. Remove from the heat, cover, and let the lavender steep in the syrup for 20 minutes.
  4. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the lavender, add the food coloring (food coloring is optional and is just used for presentation purposes).
  5. Set syrup aside to cool.
  6.  Once cooled, place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
-garnish with lemon wedges or slices, lavender flowers, or rim the glass with yellow or purple colored sugar. Maybe rim the glass with some sweetened toasted coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment